Do you ever feel like you are just going through the motions? You get up, go to work, come home, have dinner, watch television, and go to bed. The next day, the same old routine starts all over again.
But what if you could become more connected with your own experiences? You would enjoy life more, feel happier and more content. You would have more control over your life. By living consciously, you can get back your life!
Decide now to live more consciously.
What Does it Mean to Live Consciously?
Living consciously involves taking back control over your life. Rather than doing something robotically and with no real thought, you will consider what you want to do and how you want to go about it.
Living consciously means you see the people you wish to see and take part in the activities you chose. When you live consciously, you think about what you want to eat and how you want to spend your free time. You discover true freedom of choice.
Living Consciously in Everyday Life
Living consciously ensures you will have a more fulfilling life. You are in the driver’s seat. Yes, you still must get up in the morning, go to work, return home, and eat, but now you give yourself more possibilities to choose from in how you go about it.
When you live consciously, you can vary your daily routines or add something that makes them a little more interesting:
- Get up 15 minutes earlier a few times a week to do that exercise DVD you have been wanting to get to.
- Instead of eating cold cereal every day, mix up your routine by having a piece of fresh fruit and some hot oatmeal or anything else you might want.
- Energize your evenings by taking a walk after dinner, having a rousing discussion with your partner about something funny from the day, or playing with your kids or pets.
At work, talk to the boss about that project you have really wanted to do. You will stimulate your interests and experience the satisfaction that comes with deliberately working on projects you desire to do.
As you do your routine tasks, focus on what you are doing. Are you doing your best? Have you considered more effective, timesaving methods for the tasks or projects at your job? The more you concentrate on what you are doing, the more you can endeavor to excel at the job.
Living consciously at work can win you promotions.
In the evening at home, think about what you truly want to do. Maybe you want to hang out with the guys in your neighbor’s garage for an hour. Or do you have a hobby you enjoy that you have not been able to spend any time on?
Thinking consciously allows you to discover that you have the control in your life to do whatever it is that brings you joy, pleasure, and contentment.
Putting It All Together
To live consciously is to stop wasting time doing activities you are not really interested in. When you make a personal vow to live consciously, you are opening the door to a new, more joyous existence.
- What do you want to truly pursue?
- With whom do you choose to spend time?
- How can you spend leisure time in ways that revitalize you and bring special joy?
- How can you become more psychologically engaged in your work to increase your performance?
- Are you taking care of your physical self the way you want and obtaining the results you desire?
Your answers to these questions will lead you down the path of conscious living.
Take the first step in your journey toward reclaiming your life today. Say to yourself: “I will live consciously every moment of this day.” Repeat it every morning and embrace the joys of creating the life you desire.